ROLES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTORATE
- Responsible for the provision of legal advice to PNG Forest Authority and National Forest Service as required.
- Responsible for drafting necessary changes to legislation and regulations as required.
- Responsible for determining the appropriate action in respect of litigation work, either out-sourcing legal representation or in-house representation for the PNG Forest Authority
- Provide legal advice to PNGFA and National Forest Service as required.
- Provide legal drafting of legislative and regulatory changes as required.
- Provide legal advice to the National Forest Board as required.
- Provide advice to the PNGFA and NFS in respect of the best approach in litigation, i.e. out-sourcing or in-house representation.
- Ensure that core service delivery is maintained at a high standard.
- Compile and submit reports as required.
- Manage the research and development of core policies in regard to the technical areas of the Division’s roles and responsibilities
- Manage and lead the staff of the Branch.
- Ensure that staff of the Branch are kept up to date with current developments in forestry
- Plan and carry out the development of staff in the Branch in carrying out their roles and responsibilities to a high standard
- Create a workplace environment which encourages staff to be hands-on and receptive to client needs.
- Create the opportunity for staff to develop and practice multi-skilling
- Develop appropriate forward plans for budget appropriation and manage financial resources as delegated
- Ensure all PNGFA/NFS Policies and Procedures are adhered to, including HR Policies and Procedures, Finance Policies and Procedures, ICT Policies and Procedures, Assets Management Policies and Procedures, and Procurement of Goods and Services Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as directed, within trained capabilities.